Expert Epoxy Flooring Solutions You Can Trust!
Epoxy flooring systems are applied on new or old concrete to provide protection of the concrete and beautify it. Our epoxy flooring is a two-part system that consists of a resin and a hardener. Epoxy is mixed on the job and it quickly bonds by utilizing a thermosetting reaction. American Decorative uses only commercial grade 100% solid epoxy. This product is proven to perform in the harshest of environments, thus, your floor will look brand new for years to come.
- Easy to clean
- Chemical resistant
- Increases property value
Industries that benefit from epoxy floors:
- Car dealerships
- Repair shops
- Storage facilities
- Food processing plants
- Gas stations
- Plastic and chemical factories
- Medical facilities
- Many more…
In residential, epoxy coatings can be used for garage floors, halls and storage areas.
Attention Home Owners
Is your garage or basement suitable for epoxy flooring?
- If you sometimes see tiny crystal or white powder on your floor, this is moisture migrating through the concrete, which will often ‘pop off’ any kind of coating you apply.
- If the floor is painted and the paint is peeling off, most likely any epoxy you apply will also peel off.
- If the floor is damp, the air is musty, etc. the epoxy floor paints will probably not bond very well.
- If your concrete has been treated with some sort of cement sealer (typically a wax or silicon based sealer) no paint will stick to it.
To guarantee that your floor will last for years to come, testing is done on concrete floors for moisture, grease, paint and other impurities.
If the surface needs preparation, it is not likely the homeowner can hire a commercial shot blast contractor to help prepare the surface. That means the homeowner needs to decide how much surface preparation is needed to get a good bond. Guess wrong and the coating could fail in a few months (or days). You probably will not know if you put in enough effort until after the fact. That said, most people don’t have a problem, even with minimal preparation.
American Decorative will handle everything for you and you can be sure you will get a professional job that will last for years to come.